Online Business Reviews Can Help Grow Your Business
In this digital age people keep forgetting that word-of-mouth is still one of the best sources of marketing out there. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yelp all these outlets are social media platforms, but if you look deeper it is another form of word-of-mouth marketing. People are sharing and talking about brands all the time. When you go to the internet to buy a product what is the first thing you typically look for? Reviews. If you have not asked for reviews from your customers you are missing a huge opportunity to help your brand and business grow.
Why Are Online Reviews So Important for a Business Owner:
- 88% of users have read reviews to determine the quality of a small business.
- 72% of consumers say positive reviews make them trust a business more.
- 90% of customers say their decision to buy is influenced by online reviews.
- Asking for reviews as a business owner costs you nothing.
Benefits of Having Online Business Reviews:
Online reviews can certainly have a huge impact and effect on your business’s lead generation and growth. There are two major factors that are important in securing online business reviews:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Google loves online reviews and they help with your local SEO. Since search engines are targeting more local now, they love online reviews for the primary reason that consumers love reviews. Search engines are in the business of providing relevant and accurate information for people on-the-go or even at home and assist them in making the right decision, especially if it comes to purchases. The faster they can produce the most relevant results the more the customer will go back.
- Personal human interactions and conversions: Consumers are going to check online before engaging in your business or even purchasing a product, especially if the product has a large ticket price, the more more risk on the purchase the more research the consumer will end up doing before buying.
How Can You Get Online Business Reviews?
The easiest way to do so is by just asking your customers that come in to your store for a review online. If you are a retail shop, professional service a great way to do this is by printing some business cards with a short URL to some major review sites (Google Places, Yelp and possibly Citysearch). If you are a CPA or a professional business and have a LinkedIn profile ask for a review or recommendation on there. Another simple option would be to setup an iPad at your store or office that is linked to your popular review sites and ask people to leave a review before leaving the store.
What tactics have you used to attract reviews for your business? What has worked and what has not worked for you? Let us know below.